Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Floating Heads


So I promised I'd put up some work today. I have a few small cartoon renderings of people that I've been working at on and off for the last few days. Initially, my husband (JRD Skinner - the brilliant writer of skinner.fm::work blog of fiction) had asked me to create a comic avatar for him. Once that was completed, he requested that I make one for our lovely wife, May (of Maytunes). I figured I may as well make one for myself, too, so I got down to sketching.

After a conference with my models and a slight readjustment to May's comic hair, everything seems to be in order. The sketchs I'm posting are the rough drafts of the comics I did of May & I. I have to admit that I kinda cheated when doing the sketch of Mr. Skinner. I drew that piece using his tablet laptop and photoshop, so i don't have a rough draft to show you of that one.

Really, I had been hoping to fiddle with both of these images before posting them here, but I just don't think it's in the cards for today. Besides, now you can all be impressed when I get it touched up in photoshop and it looks much nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment