Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New Day, New Post

So, getting right down to business - today I'd like to talk about one of the many projects I'm working on.

As I mentioned in my last (first) post, I have been working on drawing some comics. This idea initially came from the mutual love my husband & I share for the Webcomics Weekly guys (*I love you Scott & Kris*). I'd have to say the Penny Arcade had a lot to do with it as well. I had never been introduced to the subject of webcomics until meeting my husband and I've got to admit that I'd never really thought of it as a form of art. After reading some of their work and listening to some podcasts we decided to start a project together.


My husband is a writer so he made some scripts for me that we were able to discuss and come up with illustrations for. I can't put to words how valuable his input has been. Needless to say, one of my largest problems in consistently creating new comics is simply not having anything I deem worthy of saying. My husband, though, has been very helpful in not only writing some of the material for the comics but also in encouraging me to carry a notebook where I can quickly and easily jot down any ideas that come to mind. When I hear something funny or one of my children does something ridiculous I can simply write it down and come back to it later.


Of course, that brings me to my next great obstacle - finishing what I start. What I really need to work on is actually following through on the scripts/line drawings that I've started and failed to complete. I'd like to get a few of the more polished comics put up on the site so you can get an idea of where I'm going with them. I'm thinking it might be interesting to show the process of how a comic gets from being a few lines of text to a completed work as well.


So posting some work will be my big priority on the site for now. Alas, babies demand my time, but I hope to have something up for you to look at by the next post.

Thanks for visiting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment